Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
While dental implant restorations do tend to cost more upfront than traditional bridges and dentures, they are often able to last a lifetime. This makes them extremely cost-effective in the long-run because they save patients from having to get treatments redone and repaired over the years. It is important to note, however, that because implants are able to help patients with a wide variety of tooth loss, the final price of the procedure can vary quite a bit from person to person depending on their needs. At your implant consultation, Drs. Hamlett and La Mastra can go over the particulars of your implant process so you’ll know exactly what to expect before treatment begins.
Price of Dental Implants
Replacing even a single missing tooth is essential to maintain the optimal level of oral health and function. Traditional tooth replacement options only restore the parts of teeth above the gum line, but dental implants restore the entire smile from the roots up. For this reason, Drs. Hamlett and La Mastra, and their Dallas dentistry team members frequently recommend implant-supported tooth replacement over other restoration options. Cost is one factor that dramatically impacts a patient’s access to this tooth replacement option, but for many people, the benefits far outweigh the additional time and money patients need to invest. Our team completes these treatment plans on a regular basis, and we know how to work with patients to minimize the out-of-pocket costs of dental implant tooth replacement. If you want to find out more about budgeting for the costs of dentistry services, call to schedule a tooth replacement consultation appointment with us today. We look forward to partnering with you to create a flawless smile.
Factors that Impact the Cost of Dental Implants
Every patient’s dental implant-supported tooth replacement plan is unique, and so is the pricing. To offer an accurate estimate of the out-of-pocket costs, we’ll need to sit down with you to discuss your individual treatment needs. Some of the many factors that impact the costs of dental implant supported tooth replacement include:
- The number of dental implants needed
- The material and manufacturer used to craft the implants
- The type of dental restoration crown, bridge, or denture
- Need for preparatory tooth extractions, tissue grafts, or other treatments
- Use of dental sedation to maintain comfort
Dental Insurance & Financing Options
To help you offset the costs of dental care, we are happy to process and file insurance claims. Most plans do not cover dental implants or their surgical placement, but other aspects of care like preparatory treatments, replacement teeth, and dental sedation may receive some coverage from some benefit providers. We’ll process claims to maximize any benefits. We also offer several low and no-interest financing options to spread the cost of treatment out over several months.
Why Dental Implants are Worth the Investment
No treatment is right for every patient. That’s why we create personalized treatment plans, but dental implants do offer several benefits for those patients who choose this restoration option. Some of the many advantages of tooth replacement with dental implants include the following:
- Compared with traditional tooth replacement options that need to be replaced every five to ten years, dental implants last significantly longer. Most patients keep their implants for twenty years or longer. In fact, many people can keep the same implant-supported replacement tooth for the rest of their lives.
- For patients with more advanced tooth replacement prosthetics like partial or full dentures, an implant-retained prosthetic dramatically improves stability. Traditional dentures restore about 10% of chewing function. Implant-fixed dentures increase that restoration to 70%, allowing patients to consume a wider range of foods.
- Because dental implants replace the root structures of lost teeth, they provide the stimulation necessary to maintain soft tissue volume and jawbone density that are needed to ensure the optimal level of oral health.
"What a good experience!"- Anonymous / Yelp / Feb 19, 2021
"Amazing appointment. Great explanation of my dental health options."- Anonymous / Facebook / Feb 19, 2021
"Dr. La Mastra is an amazing dentist!"- Anonymous / Google / Feb 19, 2021
"The quality and care of their services are always outstanding!"- R.V. / Google / Oct 22, 2020
"Dr.Hamlett is the finest doctor I have ever met."- O.T. / Google / Oct 22, 2020