Dental Implants Benefits
Unlike other tooth replacement options such as dentures or a bridge, dental implants replace both the roots and crowns of missing teeth. The others only replace the crown or visible portion of teeth.
By replacing the root as well, a dental implant provides a number of benefits. First, you’ll never have to worry about a prosthesis that shifts or clicks when you eat or speak. A dental implant is firmly set in your jawbone, so there is no chance of movement. The titanium post & surrounding bone tissue fuse together to form a firmly set anchor.
Secondly, the post stimulates the bone just as your tooth root once did. This stimulation is important to maintaining the shape and strength of your jawbone. Other tooth replacements that rest on top of your gums may fill out your cheeks, but they do not encourage healthy bone tissue regeneration the way dental implants do.
Dental Implants – A Wealth of Advantages for You
When you have dental implants placed, you’ll get more than just a new set of teeth. You can look forward to regaining the life you once had, but you stand to acquire even more. Here are some of the specific advantages that separate dental implant insertion from any other form of tooth replacement:
- Closely mimics the function of your natural tooth – One of the most unique attributes of a dental implant is how closely it resembles a natural tooth root in stability and functionality. In addition to securely anchoring a prosthetic in place, it helps to fortify your jawbone health.
- The most longevity of any form of tooth replacement – When you commit to having a dental implant placed, you can expect long-term benefits. Properly cared for, the fixture can last from 30 years to a lifetime.
- Maintenance of your natural facial structure and shape – A dental implant helps to recreate the natural pressure that a tooth root provides. In doing so, it aids in the production of new bone cells that help to fortify the jawbone. As a result, you’ll be able to maintain your facial structure and prevent any premature wrinkles.
- No worries of slipping or gum irritation – With a fixed bridge or set of dentures, there is always the chance of slippage or gum irritation. You don’t have to worry about these challenges with dental implants, as they are locked in place.
- Fortification of your remaining teeth – There’s no need to alter or damage your surrounding teeth to have dental implants placed. Instead, the fixtures will work to support your other ivories and prevent them from shifting to fill any vacated spaces.
- No tooth decay – While your natural teeth are subject to developing cavities from plaque accumulating on them, you won’t have to worry about this with dental implants. However, it’s still important to practice excellent oral hygiene and maintain regular dental visits to prevent bacteria from gathering at the gum line.
- High success rate – The process of replacing missing teeth with dental implants has a 95% success rate. This is partly made possible by the careful attention that your dentist will take to qualify you for the procedure, which will include assessing your gum health and your current jawbone density. We’ll also provide you with the expert advice you need to maintain your dental implants after their placement.
- A natural-looking smile – Because dental implants are inserted beneath the gum line just like the teeth you were born with, they are nearly impossible to distinguish from your other ivories. That means you won’t have to worry about smiling for photos, speaking before an audience, or meeting new people.
To experience these and the other advantages that await you, don’t hesitate to contact us to request a visit with Drs. Hamlett and La Mastra. Once you receive a set of dental implants, you can launch a brand-new life!
"Dr. La Mastra is super cool and amazing, especially for someone who has dental phobia like me. I've been with him for years and followed him to his new place recently. He did my implant and crown which was a great experience. Dr. La Mastra is caring and I feel relaxed when he enters the room. The entire staff is friendly and helpful. His assistant Cindy is fun and conversational, my hygienist Cindy (same name) makes teeth cleaning comfortable and informative when it comes to oral care and Parker at the front desk makes you feel like family. Always a good experience!"- K.M. / Google / Aug 04, 2021
"Carol the hygienist and Dr La Mastra are top notch. I avoided the dentist most of my life because I was afraid - but the entire office is super nice and welcoming."- L.W. / Google / Oct 06, 2021
"I came to Texas 11 years ago and have been using Dr. Hamlett ever since. He has done extensive work in my mouth including restoration after having implant. I am not an easy patient to work on since I have a fear of dentist. Dr. Hamlett and his staff have always taken this into account and handled me with extra care and compassion. I will always remember Dr. Hamlett and his team fondly.Hugs,Teresa Taylor"- T.T. / Yelp / Jun 15, 2021
"Dr. Hamlett has been my dentist for many years, and has done various procedures for my dental health. He has always done an excellent, professional job. He is kind, and terrific at making each treatment as comfortable and pleasant as possible. It is important to me that I trust him.I highly recommend him!"- D.H. / Google / Jun 06, 2021
"I have been going to Dr. Hamlett for many years. He is professional, kind, and knows what he is doing! He has performed a number of services for me, and has always done an incredible job. I am always a little anxious getting dental work, but he makes it so much easier and much more pleasant. I trust him, and that is important to me! "- D. / Healthgrades / Jun 06, 2021